Restoring the look of tile
Charlotte NC deep cleaning is the solution if you want to restore the beauty to tiles that have been marred by dirty grout. Fresh, clean tile can be the highpoint of every kitchen or bathroom. To keep that bright and clean appearance, you must consistently clean the tiles and grout. Tile is made of various colors and textures, to suit every décor. You can find tiles made of granite, ceramic, marble, slate, glass, and terra cotta. Regardless of the type of tile that you choose, tile is extremely hard-wearing and can last for decades. The weakness of tile as a decorative material, is that it can look old and undesirable when the grout is cracked or stained.
The problem with grout
Grout is commonly a mixture of cement, sand, and water. It is used to fill and seal the joints between tiles. Grout is naturally porous, and thus, it can easily become stained. Discolored grout ruins the new appearance of countertops, flooring, or shower stalls. To restore the original appearance of grout, you will have to perform some deep cleaning, even grout that has been treated with special sealers.
Do it yourself deep cleaning
- Start by covering any areas that need protection with a drop cloth.
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves and keep a window open to provide proper air circulation.
- Verify that the type of grout cleaner you use is safe for your type of tile and grout.
- Spray shaving cream on stained grout and leave it on for a few minutes, then scrub the grout with a small brush.
- Combine a mixture of baking soda and a small amount of white vinegar. Scrub your grout with this paste, using a small brush or old toothbrush.
- Rinse with warm water.
- After the grout is cleaned to your satisfaction and has completely dried, apply one or two coats of a silicon-based grout sealer.
- Cover all the grout lines to protect them from water and stain damage.
For stubborn stains on light colored grout
- Make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- When the mixture stops bubbling, apply the mixture to the stain and let it sit for approximately ten minutes.
- Scrub with a small brush and rinse.
If your grout cleaning project is a large one, or it is extremely dirty, you may need to hire a professional cleaning service. Professional house cleaners will not only clean the grout, they can also remove mold and mildew. Following these tips will have your tile work look as wonderful as the day the tiles were installed.
Professional Charlotte NC deep cleaning
The time is now to schedule for Charlotte NC deep cleaning of your tile grout. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services is ready to help you meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. Call them today for a free consultation and estimate for deep cleaning of your tile work and grout.
Tagged with: Charlotte deep cleaning
Filed under: Deep cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!