Summer school break
School will soon be out for the summer, which means it is time for Charlotte seasonal house cleaning before vacation begins. If you hope to maintain a moderate level of organization this summer. The first place to tackle is the children’s bedrooms and play area. Once the kid’s rooms are cleaned and organized, you will feel better and ready for a countless number of fun projects to keep the kids busy. Consider the following tips to help you get off to a great start.
Dust the room
- Cleaning the room means that there will be plenty of dusting and vacuuming.
- Keeping the dust and particles out of the air will help to create a healthier environment
- Be sure to dust the entire room.
- Start with the ceiling fans; and working your way down to the floors and floor molding.
- It is important to make sure that you clean everything that collects dust such as door trim, doorknobs, windows, window sills, blinds, photo frames, and furniture.
- It is safer to use vacuum extensions and poles rather than climbing on ladders to reach the higher areas.
Cleaning the bedding
- Take all the blankets, sheets, and pillowcases off the bed and run them through the laundry.
- One of the most important steps is to vacuum the mattresses and under the beds.
- Wash and vacuum the pillows, or buy new ones.
- Once you have completely cleaned and dusted the room, make the bed as the last step.
Organize and clean toys
- Gather up all the toys that are washable.
- Place them on the bath tub or in a tote that is filled with soapy water.
- Soak and scrub every item.
- Metal and plastic toys that can be damaged by water should be cleaned with a moist disinfecting wipe.
- Sort the toys by filing them into one of 3 boxes that are labeled “Garbage”, “Donate”, or “Keep.”
- Let your kids decide what they will donate, throw out, and keep; otherwise, you may be in for a long and difficult summer.
- Put the boxes labeled “garbage” and “donation” out in the hallway.
- Leave the “keep” box in the kid’s room.
- Use plastic totes or storage bins to organize odd shaped toys such as action figures, building blocks, and stuffed animals.
- Allowing your children to make decisions regarding their toys, helps them take ownership of the project; and to feel responsible for their rooms and their possessions.
Professional Charlotte seasonal house cleaning
Perhaps you require help with spring cleaning and organizing. Gloria M’s cleaning professionals are happy to help you take on any Charlotte seasonal house cleaning project. They are so flexible when it comes to scheduling according to your needs. They also understand the importance and health implications of keeping the kids play areas and rooms clean. Call them today to set up a time and schedule to handle your spring cleaning project(s).
Tagged with: Charlotte Seasonal house cleaning
Filed under: Seasonal house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!