Keep summer enjoyable
Have you considered green cleaning to remove mold and mildew in your home? Hot humid weather means that most of us will close the doors and windows and turn on the air conditioning or evaporative coolers. This is a comfortable solution for many people, but if your home has mold growth over the winter, it can cause needless suffering for members of your household. Mold is a serious health risk for any home. However, it is not necessary to use harmful chemicals in order to remove a health risk from your home. Green cleaning products can be just as effective as common chemical products that come with their own health risks. This is why so many home owners have decided to “go green” when it comes to cleaning their house.
Mold may be growing in your home and you don’t realize it. Mold forms and thrives in warm, dark, and humid environments. Places where mold is most prominent is in your kitchen, bathroom, attic, and basement. Under the right conditions, mold can grow within 24-48 hours. Mold can cause even healthy people to experience respiratory illnesses and allergic reactions. This is why it is important to kill mold as soon as it is discovered. We want to share some green cleaning solutions for eliminating mold:
Baking soda can be used to kill mold in your home. It is safe to use around your family and pets. Baking soda works two ways; first, by killing mold, and by absorbing moisture to help keep mold away. To kill mold with baking soda:
- Add one-fourth of a tablespoon of baking soda to a spray bottle that is filled with water.
- Shake the solution until it has dissolved.
- Spray the moldy area with the baking soda solution and let it set for 15 minutes.
- Use a sponge or scrub brush to remove the mold from the surface.
- Rinse the surface with water to ensure removal of any residual mold.
- Spray the area again and let the solution dry on the surface to kill any left-mold that was missed, and to prevent the mold from returning.
Vinegar is so because it is a mild acid, which kills almost every type of mold species. Combined with baking soda, you provide a powerful combination that will get rid mold.
- To kill mold, pour undiluted white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar onto the moldy surface, and then let the solution sit for an hour.
- Finally, wipe or rinse the area with clean water, and allow the surface to dry.
Hydrogen peroxide is found in almost any drug store or grocery store. It is a multipurpose anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial solution.
- To kill molds, pour 3% concentration hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution directly on the moldy surface and leave it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the infected area in order to remove mold and mold stains.
- Wipe the surface down, and let it dry.
Green cleaning maid service in Charlotte, NC
For people who do not have the time to regularly clean their own homes, Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for green cleaning services upon request. Call them today for a free quote on regular green cleaning service for your home or business.
Tagged with: green cleaning
Filed under: Green Cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!