Cleaning between housekeeper visits
How much you clean between housekeeper visits depends on three things; how often you have housekeeping service, your standards for cleanliness, and the number of high maintenance items you have such as clear glass shower doors. Fortunately for some people, they find they don’t need to do a lot of cleaning in between times. Others may find that they clean more than necessary, they simply need to have a system for keeping the home together until the next mad service. Consider the following tips to help you make it from one cleaning to the next:
- Create a rule where you will never to go to bed with a messy house. This means that you will need to get the family involved. Everyone should be responsible for their own private area, and one or two public areas such as hallways, garbage cans, or the Recreation room. A neat and tidy house really starts your day off right. Additionally, you will get a lot more for your housekeeping dollar if the surfaces are clear and ready to be cleaned.
- Use sanitizing wipes to clean kitchen and bathroom counters. Make this a rule for everyone in the house. Wiping down counters after each use is a natural way to keep clutter from building up on counter tops. You do not need to move everything, just keep the counters clean and shiny. Use window cleaner wipes in each bathroom to take care of mirrors.
- Spot clean the kitchen sink and appliances as you cook.
- Regular vacuuming not only keeps the carpet clean, it will preserve your carpets for years to come.
- Squeegee shower doors after each shower to help reduce soap buildup. This will save your housekeepers time, and save you money
- If dust allergies for family members are an issue, or your conscience demands you dust every day or two, buy a good quality lamb’s wool duster Contrary to what some people may think, they do not spread the dust around. Lamb’s wool has a natural oil that attracts dust like a magnet.
These are a few basic tips to keep you comfortable, and to save you money.
One of the top professional maid services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of house cleaning, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable maid services around your needs.
Tagged with: house cleaning
Filed under: house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!