Clean is not sanitary
When we have finished our house cleaning, one of the places we take great pride in is our kitchen. However, even when it sparkles, the kitchen is often one of the dirtiest places in your home. You would be surprised to realize how many germs can build up from the time you finish cleaning until the next time you prepare and eat your food. Below, we have listed some helpful tips to help you keep your kitchen clean and sanitary.
House cleaning tips for your kitchen:
- Sponges provide a damp surface that makes the perfect home for microbes. Before you use it, soak your sponge in water and while it is still wet, place it in the microwave for 2 minutes to kill any bacteria or microbes. Be careful when you take it out because it will be extremely hot
- After each use, sanitize your cutting board with hydrogen peroxide or a bleach and water solution. Especially after cutting raw meat.
- Cooking oil and olive oil bottles are a common place where dust and other particles accumulate. Wipe the mouth of every bottle with a damp paper towel, removing excess oil and grime.
- Sanitize all handles. This includes the refrigerator, cabinets, faucets, and drawers. This will limit the spread of germs from everyone’s hands around the kitchen.
- When sanitizing door handles, be sure to wipe down all the counter space as well. We take grocery bags off the seat of the car or from the trunk, and set them on the counter. You would be surprised to realize just how many unsanitary items such as books, backpacks, purses, and pets end up on the counters.
- Use a disinfectant to wipe down the seats and back of chairs. Think about it… What does every one touch after they have washed their hands and sit down to eat? That’s right, the chairs.
- Food splatter in the microwave is a breeding ground for germs. Fill a microwave bowl of equal parts white vinegar and water. Microwave the solution for 5 minutes and let sit for 3 with the door still closed. Then take a germ free sponge or cloth and wipe all of the grime away.
- Hand towels that are used in food prep should be changed every day to prevent the spread of germs. Never use a towel for anything else if you have used it to handle or clean up after raw meat.
We hope you find these tips to be helpful and to keep your kitchen sparkling. If you feel, you need a deep cleaning or sanitizing for your kitchen, call one of the top house cleaning services in Charlotte for a quote.
One of the top house cleaning services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. We hope you can find the right service for your home, by understanding the difference between house cleaning services and maid services. If you are looking for help with house cleaning, call Gloria M’s for a consultation and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your house cleaning questions.
Tagged with: house cleaning
Filed under: house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!