Maid or housecleaner?
Many homeowners decide they want to hire someone for housecleaning services but they are not sure what the difference is between house cleaners, housekeepers, and maids. We would like to share our perspective to help you as you look at hiring professional cleaning services for your Charlotte home. A housekeeper or maid is responsible for helping out with cleaning and related projects around the house. A maid is an individual who is usually provided by a company or agency. She may also be an independent contractor. Typically, the homeowners provide everything needed for the job.
House cleaning can be performed by an individual, but typically a team of house cleaners will arrive on a scheduled day and time to perform very specific tasks. Depending upon your contract, you might choose to supply the cleaning products and equipment; or the house cleaning service will have all the cleaning supplies, products, and equipment needed to complete the job.
Common projects for housecleaners
Housecleaners usually expect to perform a deep cleaning of your home during the first visit or two. This thorough and complete cleaning is necessary to prepare your home for regular maintenance level cleaning on subsequent visits. The deep cleaning will cost more initially, but it will definitely save you money in the long run because future cleanings will only need to be routine cleaning tasks. Consider the following tasks that are commonly performed by housecleaners:
- Initial deep cleaning will involve moving all of your decorative items and moving the furniture to clean under it. Every surface is cleaned from removing cobwebs and grime from the ceiling, down the walls to the baseboards, and the floor.
- Weekly cleaning in the kitchen means scrubbing and sanitizing the exterior of cabinets and drawers, the exterior of all appliances including stoves and refrigerators, counter tops, sinks, drains, back splashes, light switch covers, knobs and handles.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing the bathrooms; including toilets, tubs, showers, sinks and polishing chrome.
- Cleaning wood or vinyl trim, baseboards, doors, picture frames, light fixtures, etc.
- Dusting all furniture and surfaces.
- Vacuuming upholstery, carpet and hardwood floors.
- Sweeping and mopping hard surface floors.
- Interior window cleaning.
One of the top housecleaning services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. We hope you can find the right service for your home, by understanding the difference between house cleaning services and maid services. If you are looking for help with house cleaning, call Gloria M’s for a consultation and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your housecleaning questions.
Tagged with: housecleaning services
Filed under: house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!