Cleaning your house
- Eliminate clutter! Donate or sell everything you don’t need or want. Less “stuff” makes it easier to clean and organize your home.
- Clean each room from top to bottom. Start with ceiling fans/light fixtures, move on to walls and furniture, and end with floors.
- Wash walls, baseboards, and woodwork with warm water, dish soap, and a cloth/sponge.
- Wash windows and vacuum blinds and curtains.
- Update your rooms without spending a lot of money by replacing linens, towels, shower curtains, area rugs, and pillows.
- Use microfiber cloths instead of paper towels. You can wash and reuse them.
- Clean out the fridge—throw away old food and wipes shelves with a damp cloth. Do the same with your cabinets.
- Shampoo your carpets. You can rent/buy a carpet cleaner or have them cleaned professionally.
- Leave your shoes at the door and train other members of your household to do the same.
- Keep door mats at every entrance. Sweep your porch, patio, and entryways daily to keep dirt from coming into your house.
- Designate a space for everyone’s stuff (baskets and bins work great) so it doesn’t end up all over the house.
And don’t forget to call Gloria M’s Cleaning service to help keep your home clean!
If you have an office, medical practice office or want commercial cleaning services- contact our commercial side- Blue Ribbon Maintenance for a quote.