Cleaning out the pantry
After the holidays and when the dust settles, you look up one day and you have a cluttered mess in your pantry that needs deep cleaning in Charlotte. We like to count on the kitchen and pantry as the cleanest areas of our home, but it seems that at least once a year it needs special cleaning and organizing. Eventually we get lost in the task, wondering what to do with all the unused, outdated, and/or expired products on the shelves.
Take everything out
- The only way that you can see what you really have is to take everything out.
- It is okay to work section by section, once you have taken out everything, down to the last crumb, it is time for some decision making.
- Decide what you are going to keep and what you are going to toss.
- All spices and can goods have an expiration date on them somewhere; if the product is expired, toss it.
- Any canned goods or perishables that are dented or opened should be tossed out.
- Look for breaks or tears in the lining of boxed or bagged foods.
- If you find it, the contents may have been exposed, so it is wise to throw it away.
- Consider donating usable food that you do not want, to a local food bank or donation center.
- Decide how you would like to organize your items.
- It is a good idea to group spices and oils by size, but you can also group pantry items by use. For example, perhaps you want to place all the baking supplies together.
- Another option is to organize your cabinets or pantry by how often you use the items.
- Common use items such as salt, pepper, sugar, and flour should be in the front for easier access.
- Make sure to label all bulk food items with the date of purchase so that you will know what is fresh and what is not so fresh in the future.
Cleaning the area
- Once cleared out, you need to do a good deep clean of your shelving and cabinets.
- Remove food buildup and gunk with some cleaning spray and a wet rag or sponge.
- This is the ideal time to apply new drawer or shelf liners.
- You may also want to consider some natural scent sachets such as cinnamon or vanilla.
Professional spring cleaning services and deep cleaning in Charlotte
Perhaps you require help with deep cleaning in Charlotte and organizing. Gloria M’s cleaning professionals are happy to help you take on any house cleaning project. They are so flexible when it comes to scheduling according to your needs. If you have no idea where to start, leave it to the trained professionals. They can help you from start to finish, or to help you with certain parts of the project. Call them today to set up a time and schedule to handle your spring cleaning project(s).
Tagged with: Deep cleaning
Filed under: Deep cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!