Cleaning and organizing your attic
The attic is definitely one of the most dreaded seasonal house cleaning projects. At best, it will never be listed as one of the most entertaining ways to spend a weekend. However, it is an undertaking that will help improve your family’s health, and that makes it very important. Your attic and crawl space are undoubtedly the areas of your home with the highest concentrations of dust, dander, mildew, molds, and vermin; and that could be affecting your family members’ breathing and allergies. It is easy to see why the attic is also one of the most overlooked living areas in your home. First of all, very few people spend time in their attic, and it seems to become the catch-all for every item that does not have a designated place. A clean and organized attic will inspire you to great ideas that will add living space to your home. First, we must understand that the attic is not the isolated area that many people believe it to be. Dust, allergens, and even chemical irritants continually seep from the attic into your living area through heating and cooling systems, ceiling hatches, recessed lights, and other openings in the walls.
Seasonal attic cleaning
Seasonal cleaning the attic requires a respect for the environment, that means you should be wearing protective equipment. Consider the recommended suggestions for proper attic cleaning:
- Vacuum the area with a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner. Only HEPA vacuum systems can efficiently channel the vacuumed air through a filter that is designed to remove microscopic particles.
- Vacuum everything, which includes the walls, window frames, rafters, and ceiling. Even if your attic consists of exposed roof trusses.
- If your attic is finished, be sure to vacuum of dust the ceiling fans, skylights, light bulbs, fixtures, hatches, and door frames.
- Wear protective gloves, and a National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) mask, which is specifically designed to filter a high percentage of airborne particles.
- If you suffer from severe allergies or asthma, hire a Charlotte house cleaning service to remove the debris and to perform the cleaning.
Dealing with mold
It is important to take steps to prevent mold growth and to seal out insects and vermin. Mold is the growth of microorganisms from moisture that seeps in behind old caulking. Twice a year, you should walk around your home and through your attic to check windows and openings for missing caulking or cracked panes. If you suspect mold infestation, or if you can see a mold-infestation that is larger than 10 square feet, it is advisable that you call an indoor air quality company to assess the situation.
Seasonal house cleaning services in Charlotte
Perhaps you require help with seasonal house cleaning and organizing. Gloria M’s cleaning professionals are happy to help you take on any house cleaning project. They are so flexible when it comes to scheduling according to your needs. Call them today to set up a time and schedule to handle your seasonal house cleaning projects.
Tagged with: Seasonal house cleaning
Filed under: house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!