The beauty of stainless
Seasonal house cleaning in Charlotte requires the sanitizing and polishing of stainless steel sinks at least three times a year. Stainless is one of the most popular materials for kitchen sinks. Stainless steel has long been recognized by builders and designers as a durable, attractive, and affordable option for the kitchen. It is no accident that most professional kitchens are comprised of stainless steel counters and equipment. Stainless steel sinks are highly impervious to corrosion and rust.
The process for cleaning stainless
The process for cleaning a stainless steel sink is very simple.
- Start with some soapy dishwater, and clean your sink with a soft cloth.
- Ammonia-based cleaners work very well.
- Cleaning the sink should take place during and after the preparation of a meal.
- After applying the sudsy solution, rinse the sink thoroughly, and pat it dry with a soft towel.
- This way you can avoid unnecessary scratches and eliminate water spots.
Always avoid abrasives
- Light scratches are a normal part of stainless steel sink use.
- It is crucial that you never use any type of abrasive cleaning tool or steel wool to clean a stainless steel sink.
- Avoid making deep scratches that would require professional repair.
- Stainless steel is tough, but refrain from using your sink as a cutting board. Sharp knives can leave deep scratches in the surface, permanently scarring or damaging the sink exterior.
Disinfecting a stainless sink
- After cleaning your sink, apply a disinfectant in order to kill germs in and around the sink.
- The most effective option is around one to two inches of a 50/50 mix of water and bleach in the sink.
- Wipe down all washable surfaces, and allow the solution to sit for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the sink, and rinse the top and sides of the basin with clean cold water.
- Finish by dabbing the sink dry with a soft towel.
- Be sure that you rinse away all traces of the bleach solution, because bleach can spot or discolor stainless steel if left on too long.
- Always wear rubber gloves when disinfecting the sink with bleach.
One of the top seasonal house cleaning in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. We hope you can find the right service for your home, by understanding the difference between house cleaning services and maid services. If you are looking for help with seasonal house cleaning in Charlotte, call Gloria M’s for a consultation and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your house cleaning questions.
Tagged with: Seasonal house cleaning
Filed under: Seasonal house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!