Deep cleaning tile
Deep cleaning is the only solution if you want to restore the original beauty to tiles that are dulled by dirty grout. Bright and clean looking tile should be the highlight of every kitchen and bathroom. However, it is difficult to keep that bright and clean appearance unless you take meticulous care to keep the grout clean. Regardless of the type of tile that you choose, the weakness of tile is that it can look old and undesirable when the grout is dirty or stained.
Grout is a mixture of cement, sand and water. Its primary purpose is used to seal joints between the tiles. Three of the main types of grout include: flooring grout, epoxy-based tile grout, and resin based.
Grout is naturally porous, therefore it can easily be stained, which can negatively affect the appearance of countertops, flooring, or shower stalls. Grout requires occasional deep cleaning, even grout that has been treated with special sealers.
Do it yourself deep cleaning
- Protect the surrounding area by covering items that need protection with a drop cloth.
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves
- Keep a window open to provide proper air circulation.
- Be sure that the type of grout cleaner you use is intended for your specific tile and grout.
Now you are ready to clean your grout:
- Pre-treat the grout by spraying shaving cream on it and letting it sit for a few minutes, then scrub the grout with a small brush.
- Mix a paste of baking soda and a small amount of white vinegar. Scrub the grout with this paste, and then rinse with warm water.
- For stubborn stains, make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Once the mixture stops bubbling, apply it to the stain, and let it sit for approximately ten minutes. Scrub with a small brush and rinse.
- After the grout is clean and has completely dried, apply one or two coats of an appropriate grout sealer. Cover all the grout lines to prevent future stains.
By following these tips, your tile work should look as wonderful as the day it was installed. If your grout cleaning project is a large one, your best solution may be to hire a professional cleaning service. Professional house cleaners will effectively deep clean the grout, and remove stains.
Professional deep cleaning in Charlotte, NC
The time is now to schedule for deep cleaning of your tile grout. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services is ready to help you meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. Call them today for a free consultation and estimate for deep cleaning of your tile work and grout.
Tagged with: Deep cleaning
Filed under: house cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!